Fire Protection Engineer
|Job Title:||Fire Protection Engineer|
|Salary:||$85,000 - $115,000 package|
|Contact Name:||Nick Falcone|
|Job Published:||September 20, 2019 15:42|
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
This opportunity is to join a well respected and rapidly expanding engineering consultancy located in Sydney. They have large and strong engineering teams across Civil, Structural and Building Services divisions and have healthy relationships within both government and private sectors, offering fantastic career stability to their employees. This consultancy has a great industry reputation across Australia and is a preferred supplier for many large and leading companies throughout the state.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
This position is suited to a Fire Protection Engineer who has over 3 years of design experience and is looking to become part of a family orientated and well respected Hydraulic & Fire team. This role is suitable for a person who has good communication skills and is comfortable delivering projects with limited supervision. This position will allow the successful person to accelerate their career progression and to run and lead their own projects, with strong support systems in place when required.
- Manage and carry out the design of wet & dry Fire Services according to Australian Standards
- Attend design and coordination meetings and liaise with Builders, Architects, Consultants and suppliers etc
- Assist with mentoring and the development of Junior Engineers
- Over 3 years of experience in Fire Protection design (those who have D&C/fire contractor experience will be considered favourably)
- Previous experience designing various projects is advantageous (in particular hydrants, hose reels, sprinklers, and dry fire systems etc)
- Knowledge of BCA and local design standards
- Good verbal communication skills and well presented
- Ability to liaise with key stakeholders and to have the confidence to attend meetings is preferred
Employees enjoy working in this firm as they have genuinely created a working environment which encouraged work-life-balance and flexibility. Employees also enjoy working for this company as the teams are very social, supportive, collaborative and are provided with high amounts of trust, autonomy and support. The management team is also very well-liked and they allow employees to have the opportunity to accelerate their career progression and to learn new things. Also, the Directors encourage Engineers to manage their own workload and therefore support flexible working hours to assist with balancing your own personal life.
- Job security due to a healthy project pipeline
- Close-knit office culture and work-life-balance is encouraged
- Accelerated career progression due to company structure
HOW TO APPLY.
Click 'Apply for this job', or contact Nick Falcone on (02) 9231 4999 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.