Junior - Intermediate Fire Services Engineer
|Job Title:||Junior - Intermediate Fire Services Engineer|
|Salary:||$70,000 - $85,000 package|
|Contact Name:||Nick Falcone|
|Job Published:||October 24, 2019 17:18|
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
This opportunity is to join a well-recognised, multidisciplinary engineering consultancy who have multiple offices in Australia. Their Building Services team specialise in delivering various medium to large-scale hospital, hotel, and mixed-use commercial projects to name a few and have a proven history of success in the Australian market for well over 20 years. They offer fantastic career progression to their employees and have a great reputation in NSW.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
This is an exciting time to join this expanding and close-knit Hydraulic & Fire team and this position is suited to a Junior to Intermediate Fire Services Engineer who has good communication skills and enjoys dealing with people. Reporting to the Fire Manager, you'll receive hands-on training in all aspects of engineering and will have the chance to take ownership and lead your own projects, depending on your skill level. In this role, you will have support from an experienced team and you will have the opportunity to accelerate your career progression and to liaise with key stakeholders.
- Conduct full wet system & dry system fire services design on a range of Building Services projects (including hydrants, hose reels, sprinklers, smoke detectors etc)
- Involvement in services coordination with Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic & Architect from concept to construction stage
- Attend meetings and liaise with key stakeholders
- Site inspections during the construction phase
- Previous experience in the fire industry (preferably in a design position at a fire contractor or Building Services consultancy)
- Familiar with BCA's/Australian standards is preferred
- Revit experience is desirable
- Well presented and good verbal and written communication skills
- Good sense of humour and a positive attitude toward receiving feedback
- Previous experience attending meetings/liaising with key stakeholders is advantageous
Employees enjoy working in this team as the environment is fast-paced and laid back. The Directors regularly arrange social and team activities to maintain unity throughout the company. There is a flat management structure in place and the Leaders of the business integrate and sit side by side with the employees. Also, there are open lines of communication to ensure all employees are aware of the business strategy and goals. The engineering teams are quite social and the culture is very family orientated and collaborative.
- Flexible working arrangements and hours
- Fast track your promotion with one-on-one mentorship
- Genuine career progression opportunities
- Diverse projects to enhance your experience
Click 'Apply for this job', or please contact Nick Falcone on (02) 9231 4999 or email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's