Building Regulations Consultant
|Job Title:||Building Regulations Consultant|
|Salary:||$70,000 - $130,000 + super|
|Contact Name:||Nick Falcone|
|Job Published:||February 04, 2020 17:46|
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
This opportunity is to join a well-respected, building regulations consultancy located in Padstow who provide a wide range of services to the strata and commercial industry. They are specialists in project management of existing building upgrades and expert witness services for Fire and Life safety building defects. They strive to provide the highest levels of professionalism, honesty and integrity to serve the greater community.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
As a Junior to Intermediate Building Regulations Consultant, you will administer and coordinate a high volume of projects. The works relate to the upgrade of fire safety services within existing buildings. If successful, you'll be expected to assist and manage a large variety of Class 2 to 9 building projects under the direct guidance of a Director. This position will provide extensive exposure to a wide range of residential, commercial and retail projects varying in size and complexity.
- Site inspections and report writing
- Preparation of project documentation
- Support developing project plans, scope and specifications
- Assist with Tender Process, including tender responses and requests for information
- Contract administration
- Assist with project-specific financial administration including invoices and variations
- Assist with Contractor and Client management
- Administer certification and handover processes
- Appraisals and certification of “Essential Fire Safety Measures”
- Preparation of certification of building design and certification of installation certificates and preparing final fire safety certificates
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Previous experience in a similar position is desired, not essential
- Senior Consultants who can operate independently will also be considered
- Completed (or studying) a degree in Construction or Building Surveying will be considered favourably
- Current Australian Driver’s License and own vehicle (travel will be expensed)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Council experience will also be considered
The Director of this company is very social and hands-on in training and developing employees. All team members are provided with autonomy do deliver their work unsupervised and high amounts of support and guidance. The working environment is based on trust and accountability each employee has an equal opportunity to learn new things and to have accelerated career progression as the business continues to grow.
- Career progression to a team leader position in future
- Competitive salary package
- Free parking available
HOW TO APPLY.
Click 'Apply for this job', or for a confidential discussion, please contact Nick Falcone on (02) 9231 4999
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Building Maintenance Supervisor
$40 - $50 per hour + Superannuation
Cadet Building Inspector x 4
$50,000 - $55,000 + superannuation
Senior Project Manager Civil
$75 - $85 per hour + Superannuation
Senior Project Engineer
$130K - $160K + Super