Building Regulations Consultant
|Job Title:||Building Regulations Consultant|
|Salary:||$70,000 - $120,000 + super|
|Contact Name:||Nick Falcone|
|Job Published:||July 06, 2020 17:15|
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
This opportunity is to join a Sydney based, building regulations consultancy who provide a wide range of services to the strata and commercial industry. They are specialists in project management of existing building upgrades and expert witness services for Fire and Life safety building defects. Although the business is relatively new, they have seen substantial company growth and success.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
As a Building Regulations Consultant, you will administer and coordinate a high volume of projects. The works relate to the upgrade of fire safety services within existing buildings. If successful, you'll be expected to assist and manage a large variety of Class 2 to 9 building projects under the direct guidance of a Director. This position will provide extensive exposure to a wide range of residential, commercial and retail projects varying in size and complexity.
- Site inspections and report writing
- Assist with QA and overseeing Junior Consultants
- Preparation of project documentation
- Support developing project plans, scope and specifications
- Assist with Tender Process, including tender responses and requests for information
- Contract administration
- Assist with project-specific financial administration including invoices and variations
- Assist with Contractor and Client management
- Administer certification and handover processes
- Appraisals and certification of “Essential Fire Safety Measures”
- Preparation of certification of building design and certification of installation certificates and preparing final fire safety certificates
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Over 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Current Building & Construction tertiary qualifications
- Thorough understanding/knowledge of the BCA
- Hold a relevant post-graduate degree, such as the Graduate Diploma of Building Surveying or be prepared to study further and obtain the graduate diploma
- Good understanding of construction and buildings
- Current Australian Driver’s License and own vehicle
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A positive, can-do attitude and the ability to take ownership and accountability
- Council experience will also be considered
The office culture is described by employees as being fun, supportive, social, and family-oriented. The environment is based around trust and accountability, and each employee has the opportunity to have accelerated career progression opportunities as the business continues to expand.
- Career progression opportunity to a team leader position in future
- Mentorship and training from an intelligent Director
- Competitive salary with reviews
- Free parking available
HOW TO APPLY.
Click 'Apply for this job', or for a confidential discussion, please contact Nick Falcone on (02) 9231 4999
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's