Building Regulations Consultant
|Job Title:||Building Regulations Consultant|
|Salary:||$70,000 - $120,000 + super|
|Contact Name:||Nick Falcone|
|Job Published:||September 15, 2020 16:30|
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
This opportunity is to join a Building Regulations consultancy located in Padstow who provide a wide range of services to the strata and commercial industry. They are specialists in building upgrades and expert witness services for Fire and Life safety building defects. Although the business is relatively new, they have seen substantial company growth and success.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
This role will allow you to manage a variety of Class 2 to 9 building projects under the direct guidance of a Director. You'll be responsible for coordinating a high volume of projects which relate to the upgrade of fire safety services within existing buildings. This position will provide extensive exposure to a wide range of residential, commercial and retail projects varying in size and complexity.
- Site inspections and report writing
- Assist with QA and overseeing Junior Consultants
- Preparation of project documentation
- Support developing project plans, scope and specifications
- Assist with Tender Process, including tender responses and requests for information
- Contract administration
- Assist with project-specific financial administration including invoices and variations
- Assist with Contractor and Client management
- Administer certification and handover processes
- Appraisals and certification of “Essential Fire Safety Measures”
- Preparation of certification of building design and certification of installation certificates and preparing final fire safety certificates
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Over 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Current Building & Construction tertiary qualifications
- Good understanding/knowledge of the BCA
- Hold a relevant post-graduate degree, such as the Graduate Diploma of Building Surveying or be prepared to study further and obtain the graduate diploma
- Good understanding of construction and buildings
- Current Australian Driver’s License and own vehicle
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A positive, can-do attitude and the ability to take ownership and accountability
- Council experience will also be considered
The office culture is described by employees as being collaborative, supportive, social, and family-oriented. The environment is based around trust and accountability, and each employee has the opportunity to have accelerated career progression opportunities as the business continues to expand.
- Career progression opportunity to a team leader position in future
- Competitive salary with reviews
- Free parking available
HOW TO APPLY.
Click 'Apply for this job', or for a confidential discussion, please contact Nick Falcone on (02) 9231 4999
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's