Stormwater & Floodplain Design Engineer
|Job title:||Stormwater & Floodplain Design Engineer|
|Salary||$55 - $65 per hour + Superannuation|
|Contact name:||Milica Keeley|
- Commercial based projects with multidisciplinary exposure
- Drive and manage landmark projects as a Stormwater & Floodplain Design Engineer
- 6 month contract opportunity with a healthy work-life balance
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
Join a large sized Local Council in the Illawarra region that delivers commercially based projects to long-standing reputable Clients. With an open-plan office, experienced managers are easily accessible to facilitate further training and professional development. With a recent opening in the team due to an increase in project workload for this financial year, an opportunity for a Stormwater & Floodplain Design Engineer exists.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
As a Stormwater & Floodplain Design Engineer specialising in hydraulics (stormwater and flooding) you will be responsible for detailed design of various projects and providing a high level of specialist knowledge and expertise. You will have a strength in your ability to drive a team forward and assisting juniors in the team.
- Detailed design of stormwater and flooding projects
- Investigate and report on flood tasks
- Assist in plans for stormwater/structural systems
- Undertake site inspections for drainage and flooding areas
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering (or similar)
- Local Government experience highly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act
Join this team and you will receive a high degree of project exposure by coordinating large-scale and complex projects. You will also receive valuable insight into construction allowing a well-rounded multidisciplinary understanding which results in career progression. The team at Council are a highly supportive and positive team environment to join.
- Enthusiastic and positive work environment
- A healthy work-life balance due to the flexible working arrangements and an opportunity to work from home
- Gain valuable experience, working on site and closely with the construction team
HOW TO APPLY.
Click 'Apply for this job', or contact Milica Keeley on (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.