Stormwater & Floodplain Infrastructure Engineer
|Job Title:||Stormwater & Floodplain Infrastructure Engineer|
|Salary:||$55 - $65 per hour + Superannuation|
|Contact Name:||Milica Keeley|
|Job Published:||February 12, 2021 16:30|
- Commercial based projects with multidisciplinary exposure
- Drive and project manage landmark projects within this Illawarra based Council
- 6 month contract opportunity with a healthy work-life balance
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
Join a large sized Local Council in the Illawarra region that delivers commercially based projects to long-standing reputable Clients. With an open-plan office, experienced managers are easily accessible to facilitate further professional development. With a recent opening in the team due to an increase in project workload for this financial year, an opportunity for a Stormwater & Floodplain Infrastructure Engineer exists.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
As a Stormwater & Floodplain Infrastructure Engineer specialising in hydraulics (stormwater and flooding) you will be responsible for detailed design of various projects and providing a high level of specialist knowledge and expertise. You will also project manage and coordinate the delivery of civil infrastructure projects from the concept stage through to detailed construction drawings.
- Detailed design of stormwater and flooding projects
- Review and manage civil infrastructure projects
- Investigate and report on flood tasks
- Undertake site inspections for drainage and flooding areas
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering (or similar)
- Local Government experience highly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act
Join this team and you will receive a high degree of project exposure by coordinating large-scale and complex projects. You will also receive valuable insight into construction allowing a well-rounded multidisciplinary understanding which results in career progression. The team at Council are a highly supportive and positive team environment to join.
- Enthusiastic and positive work environment
- A healthy work-life balance due to the flexible working arrangements and an opportunity to work from home
- Gain valuable experience, working on site and closely with the construction team
HOW TO APPLY.
Click 'Apply for this job', or contact Milica Keeley on (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's