Strategic Planner - Heritage
|Job Title:||Strategic Planner - Heritage|
|Salary:||$65 - $75 per hour + Superannuation|
|Contact Name:||Milica Erak|
|Job Published:||April 24, 2020 16:00|
- Expand on your project portfolio with a variety of heritage projects
- Start a 12 month contract in a team of 8 planning professionals
- Opportunity to further your personal and professional development
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
Join this Local Council in Northern Sydney as a Heritage Strategic Planner on an initial 12 month contract. Establish yourself within a team of 8 highly skilled professionals who encourage continuous growth and development.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
As a Strategic Planner you report to the Team Leader and will be responsible for preparing professional reports, providing professional expertise and specialist advice in relation to heritage conservation planning across Council and the community. You will manage key stakeholders and work on a variety of low to high density residential and commercial projects.
- Ensure that the Council’s plans and policies include contemporary and relevant controls in relation to heritage conservation
- Ensure that heritage conservation is effectively integrated into the strategic planning and development assessment processes
- Responsible for reviewing existing planning controls and LEP
- Providing professional advice in relation to heritage conservation planning
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Degree qualifications in Urban Planning, Architecture or Heritage Conservation
- Prior experience in heritage planning and heritage policy development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a team and autonomously
- Knowledge of EPA Act and related heritage legislation
You will join a welcoming and collaborative team environment that will assist you to grow and achieve goals. A strong project pipeline and a fast paced environment will ensure no two days are the same. You will have the opportunity to further develop your technical knowledge and experience.
- Join a hard-working, ambitious and strong technical team
- Healthy work-life balance due to flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy being a part of a positive environment and a close nit team culture
HOW TO APPLY.
Click 'Apply for this job', or contact Milica Erak on (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's