Open Space Assets Officer
|Job Title:||Open Space Assets Officer|
|Salary:||$40 - $50 per hour + Superannuation|
|Contact Name:||Milica Keeley|
|Job Published:||August 04, 2020 17:32|
- Join this progressive Council as an Open Space Assets Officer
- Work for a dynamic team and make your contributions for the community
- Start on an initial 6 month contract with a possibility for a further extension
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
A Southern Sydney Local Council currently has an opening for an Open Space Assets Officer to join their Open Spaces team on an initial 6 month contract. This team manages assets and services provided play facilities, parks, natural areas, sport facilities, and waterways facilities.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
As a Open Space Assets Officer, you will play a key role in building effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and lead community engagement related to open space projects. You will be required to work a four stage process in transitioning to the new Crown Lands legislative framework in accordance with the requirements of the Crown Lands Management Act 2016.
- Review of Council's existing database of Crown Reserves
- Confirmation of the community land classification
- Assigning an initial category for community land reserves
- Preparing plans of management for all community land reserves and placing them on formal public exhibition
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Degree qualifications in a relevant field (i.e. planning, land management, landscape architecture etc.)
- Proven ability with developing and implementing plans and land management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience in writing complex reports or policies
- Prior experience in a local, state or federal government level
You will be joining a team in which employees value their employment growth opportunities and their supportive team environment. All team members display a strong work ethic and focus on continuous professional development.
- Warm and supportive team culture ensuring employment longevity
- Strong project pipeline leading to employment stability
- Flexible hours, offering work-life balance for family commitments
HOW TO APPLY.
Click 'Apply for this job', or contact Milica Keeley on (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's