|Job Title:||Graduate/Junior Planner|
|Salary:||$30 - $40 per hour + Superannuation|
|Contact Name:||Milica Keeley|
|Job Published:||August 14, 2020 19:00|
- Join this progressive Council as a Graduate/Junior Planner
- Work for a dynamic team and make your contributions for the community
- Start on an initial 6 month contract with a possibility for a further extension
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
A Southern Sydney Local Council currently has an opening for a Graduate/Junior Planner to join their Open Spaces team on an initial 6 month contract. This team manages assets and services provided play facilities, parks, natural areas, sport facilities, and waterways facilities.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
As a Graduate/Junior Planner, you will play a key role in building effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and lead community engagement related to open space projects. You will be required to assist on a four stage process in transitioning to the new Crown Lands legislative framework in accordance with the requirements of the Crown Lands Management Act 2016.
- Review of Council's existing database of Crown Reserves
- Confirmation of the community land classification
- Assigning an initial category for community land reserves
- Preparing plans of management for all community land reserves and placing them on formal public exhibition
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Degree qualifications in a relevant field (i.e. planning, land management, landscape architecture etc.)
- Proven ability in researching and investigation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience in writing reports
- Prior experience in a local Council is desirable
You will be joining a team in which employees value their employment growth opportunities and their supportive team environment. All team members display a strong work ethic and focus on continuous professional development.
- Warm and supportive team culture ensuring employment longevity
- Strong project pipeline leading to employment stability
- Flexible hours, offering work-life balance for family commitments
HOW TO APPLY.
Click 'Apply for this job', or contact Milica Keeley on (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.