|Job Title:||Youth Worker|
|Salary:||$55,000 - $70,000 + Super|
|Contact Name:||Raj Sodhi|
|Job Published:||December 02, 2019 09:22|
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
This organisation has nationally provided intensive therapeutic care and supervision to young people at risk for over 25 years. Having a REAL impact on the community and helping thousands of Australian young people enduring all kinds of personal hardships.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
You will support young people with complex care needs, and have experienced abuse or trauma which has impacted their personal and mental well-being. You will support clients in their daily living activities, promote independent living, teach life skills, encourage them to work towards their personal aims and help them integrate into the community.
- Provide one-on-one support with activities of daily living
- Help clients develop social skills and encourage self-respect and confidence
- Assist in developing critical life skills and independence
- Conduct risk assessments, record case notes and reports
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE.
- Completed Cert IV in Community Services, Youth Work, Social Work or relevant
- Experience working in sensitive and complex case youth work or social work
- Strong understanding of the impacts of domestic violence and neglect on children
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence, WWCC and National Police Check
People enjoy working here because they can really make a difference here. This leading organisation is passionate about the health and well-being of young people in Australia. The enthusiastic team works in harmony with their clients, building personal relations and gaining trust and respect with their clients.
- Bonus incentives for continuous service
- Flexible rosters with great lifestyle balance
- Enthusiastic and friendly team environment
- Possibility to grow within the organisation
- Ongoing support and counselling available in confidence
Click "Apply for this job", or contact Raj Sodhi on (02) 9231 4999 or a confidential discussion.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's