|Job Title:||Naval Architect|
|Salary:||$65,000 - $75,000 + super|
|Contact Name:||Mark Grace|
|Job Published:||December 02, 2019 15:34|
- Gain valuable experience working across multiple exciting brands
- Enjoy a tight-knit, friendly team culture
- Reputable and very established manufacturer
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
Our client is a multi-brand manufacturer of maritime vessels within the commercial and government sectors. For over 25 years, their brands have been designing and building maritime vessels, house boats and large volume aquariums for both the commercial, government and high-end domestic use.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
As a Naval Architect, you will report to the Director. In this position you will take the lead on designs, and construction of maritime vessels, house boats and aquariums. You will also be responsible for sketching concepts, design development and liaising with key stakeholders.
- 3D modelling and rendering
- Design concepts for vessels
- Ensure designs conform to relevant standards
- Prepare procedures, manuals, project files, certification and progress reports
- Prepare detailed CAD models and drawings
- Liaise with various internal Naval Architects
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE.
- Relevant qualification within either Marine/Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Design or Civil/Structural Engineering
- Previous experience in a design capacity within the marine industry is essential
- Takes pride in the quality of work, with a high attention to detail
- Competent use of Rhino, AutoCAD and Investor
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
The collective motivation and drive to do well together with their collaborative and team based approach to work, has played a vital role in our clients’ overall success. They place an extremely strong focus on individual and team development, providing excellent support and guidance to each of their employees.
- Collaborative and supportive team providing flexible working hours
- Steady pipeline of projects ensures employment stability
- Enjoy design freedom as you take the lead with designs for projects
HOW TO APPLY.
Click "Apply for this job", or for a confidential discussion, please contact Andrew Tzannes on (02) 9231 4999.