|Job Title:||Social Worker|
|Salary:||$70,000 - $85,000 + Super|
|Contact Name:||Raj Sodhi|
|Job Published:||January 14, 2020 10:52|
- Generous salary package with salary sacrifice options
- Work for an industry leading indigenous services organisation
- Make a difference to the lives of families in your community
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
This organisation nationally provides intensive support and supervision to children and young persons and intervenes in complex family crises and situations. Having a significant impact on the community and helping thousands of Australian children and families.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
You will need to provide support to families with high psychological and social vulnerabilities that have high child protection risk. The role will be to manage in home therapeutic family support, triage and work collaboratively with the family to encourage them towards their family aims and help children integrate back into their families.
- Work intensively with a small caseload of families that are being at risk of having their children enter Out of Home Care
- Provide in-home, personally tailored parenting support to facilitate and restore connections between parents or carers and children
- Deliver evidence-based interventions to support children and families with exposure to issues such as (but not limited to) domestic violence, AOD, the Justice System
- Conduct risk assessments, record case notes and report writing
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE.
- University qualification in Social Work, Community Services, Youth Work, or relevant
- Eligible for AASW membership in Social Work
- Experience working in complex family situations, crisis intervention, and OOHC cases
- Understanding of the impacts of domestic violence and neglect on children
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence, WWCC and National Police Check
People enjoy working here because they make a REAL difference. This leading organisation is passionate about the health and well-being of young people and their families and the enthusiastic team works in harmony with their clients, building personal relations and gaining trust and respect with their clients.
- Opportunities for tax free remuneration benefits increasing your take home pay
- Monday - Friday only - NO weekends
- We celebrate the best moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- Supportive team environment and Ongoing training
- Professional counselling available in confidence
Click "Apply for this job", or contact Raj Sodhi on (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's