|Job Title:||Mechanical Engineer|
|Salary:||$80,000 - $95,000 + super|
|Contact Name:||Nick Falcone|
|Job Published:||January 29, 2020 12:04|
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
This opportunity is to join a leading, medium size, tier-2 Mechanical contractor who has multiple offices throughout Sydney. They have a long history of successfully delivering high-quality D&C projects and a great industry reputation in NSW. Examples of projects the company specialises in delivering include large-scale hospitals, commercial/mixed-use towers and hotels. The company are also well known for creating a supportive and tight-knit employee culture, and for providing genuine career growth opportunities to their employees.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
Working within a design and construction team of over 15 people, the successful person will immediately be involved in the design of a challenging commercial development, where the Mechanical services project value is $50million. Preferably you would have previously worked for a D&C Mechanical contractor, however, those who have worked for a Building Services consultancy in a design position will also be considered. This position will provide the successful person with an opportunity to be involved in the delivery of an iconic project and will offer valuable design and site exposure.
- Calculate heating and cooling loads using Camel
- Equipment selection
- Pipe sizing and duct sizing calculations
- Mechanical services design and documentation
- Site inspections during the construction phase
- Over 4 years of experience in HVAC/Building Services design
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
- Good technical understanding of engineering design and the NCC
- Previous experience working on projects valued over $5million is preferred
- Previous hospital or large-scale commercial design experience will be considered favourably
- Site/contractor liaison experience is a plus
- Good verbal communication skills
Current employees describe the work environment as being, friendly, supportive and tight-knit. Although the company has over 50 employees, the management team take the time to understand their employees and take a genuine interest in helping them gain new skills in areas they desire. The leaders of the business don't believe in micromanaging performance and also arrange social catch-ups and social drinks to keep unity in the teams and so all employees get to maintain relationships with their coworkers.
- Career progression in a growing team
- Work-life-balance and flexibility provided
- Negotiable and competitive salary package
- Mentorship and training from a Design Manager
Click 'Apply for this job', or please contact Nick Falcone on (02) 9231 4999 or email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's