|Job Title:||Design Director|
|Salary:||Dependent on Experience|
|Contact Name:||Mark Grace|
|Job Published:||June 15, 2020 12:18|
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
My client is a medium sized and well-established practice located on the city fringe. With a strong client base and leadership within the recession proof Infrastructure and Government sectors, this multi-disciplinary firm also boasts a presence within the Residential, Commercial and Institutional sectors. Their project scale varies up to approximately $50m in value, all delivered by a highly collaborative and competent team.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
The practice possesses the design capability, technical expertise and project delivery track record to consistently exceed their client’s requirements. However, they are seeking a Design Director to elevate their overall design philosophy and brand to the next level. This position is ideal for an experienced and highly competent Designer/Senior Associate/Design Director with a proven track record, whom is seeking the opportunity to take the next step up in their career and make their mark within the industry. You may be currently employed at a larger studio, but not getting the opportunity to advance or carve your name out within the industry. There is also intent to hold future discussions on becoming an equity partner of the practice.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Evolve the design philosophy, lead the design strategy while also directing and providing design leadership for the practice
- Effectively communicate and implement the key design strategic initiatives and become the influential voice of design
- Work closely with the team across all projects to promote an integrated design approach and philosophy and facilitate it’s advancement across the practice
- Build, nurture and foster new relationships within the existing client base
- Be an integral part of project delivery from a design perspective
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- 20+ years of related experience with a previous track record delivering high quality designs
- Possess excellent communication skills with an ability to inspire teams around design intent
- Be strategic and considerate of commercial objectives for both the client and the practice
- Strong conceptual thinker with the ability to embrace sound business strategy
- Work closely with the Managing Director to assist with business diversification
With a flat management structure and open lines of communication, there is a significant amount of transparency within the practice. Employees enjoy working in this team as they have a strong collaborate culture and offer flexible working arrangements to work from home, etc.
HOW TO APPLY.
Click "Apply for this job", or for a confidential discussion, please contact Mark Grace on (02) 9231 4999.
If attaching a portfolio, please note the maximum file size is 2MB. For larger sized portfolios please contact Mark Grace on the details above.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's