|Job title:||Rates Clerk|
|Industry:||Business Support Accounts Receivable|
|Salary||$35 - $45 per hour + Superannuation|
|Contact name:||Milica Keeley|
- Join a positive team culture within a Sydney Council as a Rates Clerk
- Flexible working hours and arrangements ensuring a healthy work-life balance
- Initial 3 month contract with an opportunity for extension based on performance
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
This mid-sized Council in Sydney's Inner West are looking for a Rates Clerk to join their team on an initial 3 month contract. You will play a pivotal role within a tight knit Rates team. This Council is focused on creating a healthy work-life balance for all of their employees and are therefore happy to offer flexible working arrangements including part time hours if preferred.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
As a Rates Clerk, you will have similar experience in a Local Council and working experience using the Council software Civica. You will report to the Revenue Manager and your focus will include ensuring the daily functions such as updating and maintaining the rates/revenue database, working on supplementary rates, timely processing of Council invoices and the effective collection and recovery of outstanding monies owed to Council. Play a key role within the team, liaise closely with key stakeholders and be confident to hit the ground running in the position.
- Daily maintenance of Council's Rates & Revenue databases
- Process pension rebates and domestic waste adjustments
- Daily processing and updating of payments
- Allocating payments in Civica
- Processing requests to raise invoices and monthly statements
- Strong experience in a similar position in a Local Council
- Strong knowledge of and experience in using Civica
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great customer service focus and a strong team player
Become a key member of a positive team and collaborative Council environment. Enjoy a healthy work-life balance within this Council setting and highly accommodating working arrangements including flexible start and finish times.
- Opportunity for contract extension based on performance
- Supportive and vibrant team culture creating a positive working environment
- Flexible working arrangements ensuring a healthy work-life balance
HOW TO APPLY.
Click 'Apply for this job', or contact Milica Keeley on (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.