Senior Development Assessment Planner
|Job title:||Senior Development Assessment Planner|
|Industry:||Government Local Government|
|Contact name:||Lina Thomas|
- Inclusive & collaborative team
- Career Progression Opportunity
- Complex Land-use planning
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
Join a team who is vibrant with an aim for progression that value meaningful connections as a team to collectively achieve sustainable results for the community.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
The successful applicant will have a broad range of DA experience and exposure to large and complex projects along with a mentor/coaching nature as the role requires you to provide peer support on a diverse and interesting range of Development Assessments and land-use complexities.
This opportunity is best suited and open to candidates that are looking for career progression to further their experience and exposure.
- Prepare reports to the Coordinator Development Assessment, Joint Regional Planning Panel, Independent Hearing & Assessment Panel and Council.
Undertake peer review of reports prepared by development planners.
Mentor and support development planners.
- Chair pre-lodgement meetings
- Represent Council in Land and Environment Court proceedings.
- Advise and assistance to potential applicants on policies, procedures and statutory requirements.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- A degree or diploma in Town Planning coupled with extensive experience in the assessment of development applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979, Local Government Act 1993 and associated legislation.
Proficient in software programs, Data Management systems and computer based Geographical Information Systems.
Comprehensive knowledge of the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979, Local Government Act 1993 and associated legislation.
Highly developed skills in negotiation, problem solving and conflict resolution.
Experience or demonstrated understanding of Land and Environment Court Proceedings.
My Council client are committed and pride themselves with integrity and accountability. They respect each other and aim to be supportive & inclusive, whilst striving to achieve results of the highest standard. They remain strategic, progressive and innovative and promote a harmonious, productive and positive workplace.
- RDO & Work from home flexibility
- Up to 6% bonus
- Unique Council area for Career progression/ Learning & development
HOW TO APPLY.
Click “Apply for this job”, or contact Lina Thomas on 0414 396 114 for a confidential discussion.