Roads & Drainage Designer
|Job title:||Roads & Drainage Designer|
|Industry:||Government Local Government|
|Salary||$65 - $75 per hour + Superannuation|
|Contact name:||Lina Thomas|
- Start on an Initial 3 month contract
- Reputable Council
- ASAP start date
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
An exciting position to assist with road & drainage design projects. Join a vibrant quality team driven and dedicated to produce quality results.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
12D experience is a favourable asset in this position. Your design experience and understanding of Aus roads standards will be a great contribution to the current supportive environment. With an expanded Capital Works Program, you will be part of a team drafting accurate and detailed design specifications for various civil infrastructure projects.
- Produce and prepare accurate road designs and civil work drawings
- Provide crucial information on estimations and specifications pertaining to road projects
- Create contract documentation for projects to current industry best practice
- Liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Conduct site visits and investigations
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Software proficiency in 12D, AUTOCAD and Civil 3d
- Tertiary qualification in Civil/Structural Design
- Influential and effective communication – both written & verbal
- Experience in writing specifications, contract documentation and interpreting construction drawings, demonstrated skills in "safer design" principals
- Knowledge of Local Government Act (LGA) & Environmental Planning Act (EPA)
Become a part of a desired Council team that pride themselves in their friendly and approachable attitude. Enjoy workplace flexibility within a supportive and mentoring environment.
- Autonomous position
- Great Career progression opportunity
- Flexible start and finish times for a healthy work-life balance
HOW TO APPLY.
Click “Apply for this job”, or contact Lina Thomas on (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.