Team Leader Transport Management
|Job title:||Team Leader Transport Management|
|Salary||$100,000 - $115,000 + Superannuation|
|Contact name:||Milica Keeley|
- An exciting new opportunity within a Sydney Local Council
- Enjoy employment stability within this permanent position
- Develop on your experience through managing a team and a strong project pipeline
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Team Leader of Transport Management to join the City Planning division within a Local Council. Join a vibrant and collaborative team on a permanent basis. Play a pivotal role in providing direction and supervision to the team whilst managing the traffic and transport projects.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
As a Team Leader of Transport Management you will report to the Service Manager Transport Management. You will provide leadership and guidance to the Transport Management Team to ensure the effective delivery of transport related services including traffic management, transport planning, parking management, street lighting and road safety. Contribute to the development of a safe and efficient traffic and transport network in the Local Government Area, by managing strategic and detailed planning of all transport modes including vehicular, pedestrian, bicycle, and public transport systems, as well as traffic and transport impact assessment of land use development proposals and applications.
- Lead, mentor and inspire the team to ensure transport management and planning functions are provided to meet Council policies and the communities needs
- Develop Council’s capacity and capability to proactively program and effectively respond to all traffic and transport issues including development assessment
- Support the timely delivery of transport infrastructure programs by assisting in overseeing transport planning, traffic management and design investigation processes
- Determine a framework for traffic and transport related problem solving and representing Council or senior management in the resolution process
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Specialist degree in Civil Engineering, Traffic Engineering or equivalent combined with extensive practical experience
- Eligible for membership of an approved professional association
- Excellent conflict resolution, interpersonal, and communication skills including the ability to engage effectively with various stakeholders
- Proven leadership skills and ability to effectively lead, mentor and coach a team
- High level of professional knowledge and demonstrated experience in the effective delivery of transport strategy in local government, including understanding of legislation
- Demonstrated research skills and experience in complex report writing and reviewing
Join this team and you will always feel welcomed into the office and motivated to work together to achieve individual and team goals. Enjoy regular team bonding events and flexible working arrangements, which ensures a healthy work-life balance.
- Be a key member of a positive, vibrant and respectful team culture
- Enjoy a healthy work-life balance through flexible working arrangements and a generous flexi time policy allowing up to 2 flex days per month
- Access to Long Service Leave after 5 years
HOW TO APPLY.
Click 'Apply for this job', or contact Milica Keeley on (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C