Floodplain & Stormwater Team Leader
|Job title:||Floodplain & Stormwater Team Leader|
|Industry:||Government Local Government|
|Salary||$65 - $75 per hour + Superannuation|
|Contact name:||Miray Bechara|
- 12 month contract
- Reputable Council
- ASAP start date
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
An exciting position to Lead & coordinate Floodplain and Stormwater initiatives & processes. Join a vibrant quality team driven and dedicated to produce quality results.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
Lead a team to deliver strategic and operational floodplain and stormwater management initiatives and programs, contributing to safe, effective and efficient catchment management and stormwater (drainage) design across our City
- Ensure all civil designs are in accordance with professional engineering standards, are of high quality that meet Council’s specified requirements
- Lead & mentor team members and manage overall team performance to ensure all allocated project and program design activities are successfully delivered by agreed dates, within budget, and are in accordance with performance targets
- Lead and prepare technical floodplain and stormwater policy documents, research, strategic plans and provide technical expertise to internal and external stakeholders including the community
- Develop and manage monitoring and reporting systems for the team inclusive of Asset Design’s Quality Assurance Management System
- Experience in managing financial budgets with inclusion of forecasting
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or a related field
- Demonstrated experience in GIS packages, computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications and extensive experience with AutoCAD, 12D and water engineering applications such as DRAINS, HECRAS, XP-RAFTS, MIKE II, TUFLOW, WateRIDE and MUSIC
- Experience in leading and managing design teams to ensure effective and timely delivery of project and program activities
- analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to determine and adapt management approaches for a broad range of stormwater and floodplain management situations
- Experience in the survey, investigation and design, including estimates for stormwater (drainage) and other civil engineering projects
Become a part of a desired Council team that pride themselves in their friendly and approachable attitude. Enjoy workplace flexibility within a supportive and mentoring environment.
- Collaborative & Leadership position
- Great Career progression opportunity
- Flexible working from home option for a healthy work-life balance
HOW TO APPLY.
Click “Apply for this job”, or contact Milica Keeley on (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.