Strategic Recreational Planner
|Job Title:||Strategic Recreational Planner|
|Salary:||$55 - $65 per hour + Superannuation|
|Contact Name:||Lina Thomas|
|Job Published:||September 21, 2020 13:53|
- Northern Sydney Location
- Flexible start date
- Close to public transport
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
Join a Local Council team focused on making a strategic and innovative impact on the community. Located Northern Sydney; join this close-knit team with a calm and easy-going feel, whilst excelling for the betterment of the area through their strategic thinking and strong communication across the other Council Departments and Community Associations.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
Your well-developed skills & experience in sporting and recreational planning is needed! Use your strategic thinking to prepare, co-ordinate Landscape Architect and Public Domain strategies for Urban Planning & Heritage policies, specifically managing and advising a multitude of projects – supporting sustainable programs and activities, in particular,
Reporting to the Urban planner team leader, it is expected you have exceptional communication skills, problem solving, and negotiations are seamless.
- Liaise effectively with stakeholders, including Urban Design & Planners Local Sporting Associations and Department of Education
- Prepare strategies & planning policies for the improvement of Recreation and Sports
- Provide advice regarding current open and emerging land space
- Prepare briefing and Council reports
- Provide Environmental Assessment of proposals
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Solid understanding of different sporting requirements and facilities ( baseball field measurements to scale/ protocol)
- Tertiary qualification in Strategic Planning and/or Sport & recreation Management
- Proficient in project management working across all departments of the Council
- Implement, monitor and review Strategic Recreation Plans (recreation needs study)
- Understanding of Crowns land Act 1989 and Environmental Planning Assessment ACT.
Located in the North Sydney region, this medium sized team calm and easy-going approach to your work with a strong focus on stimulating conversation is definitely the vibe this office has on offer with access to all recreational and facility services.
- Easy-going & close-knit team
- Flexible start and finish times
- Access to various recreation facilities
HOW TO APPLY.
Click “Apply for this job”, or contact Lina Thomas on (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's