Strategic Recreational Planner
|Job title:||Strategic Recreational Planner|
|Industry:||Architecture Urban Design & Planning|
|Salary||$55 - $65 per hour + Superannuation|
|Contact name:||Lina Thomas|
- Northern Sydney Location
- Flexible start date
- Close to public transport
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
Join a Local Council team focused on making a strategic and innovative impact on the community. Located Northern Sydney; join this close-knit team with a calm and easy-going feel, whilst excelling for the betterment of the area through their strategic thinking and strong communication across the other Council Departments and Community Associations.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
Use your well-developed strategic thinking to prepare, co-ordinate Landscape Architect and Public Domain strategies for Urban Planning & Heritage policies, specifically managing and advising a multitude of projects – supporting sustainable programs and activities, in particular, sporting and recreational projects.
Reporting to the Urban planner team leader, it is expected you have exceptional communication skills, problem solving, and negotiations are seamless.
- Liaise effectively with stakeholders, including Urban Design & Planners Local Sporting Associations and Department of Education
- Prepare strategies & planning policies for the improvement of Recreation and Sports
- Provide advice regarding current open and emerging land space
- Prepare briefing and Council reports
- Provide Environmental Assessment of proposals
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Understanding of different sporting requirements
- Tertiary qualification in Strategic Planning and/or Sport & recreation Management
- Proficient in project management working across all departments of the Council
- Implement, monitor and review Strategic Recreation Plans (recreation needs study)
- Understanding of Crowns land Act 1989 and Environmental Planning Assessment ACT.
Located in the North Sydney region, this medium sized team calm and easy-going approach to your work with a strong focus on stimulating conversation is definitely the vibe this office has on offer with access to all recreational and facility services.
- Easy-going & close-knit team
- Flexible start and finish times
- Access to various recreation facilities
HOW TO APPLY.
Click “Apply for this job”, or contact Lina Thomas on (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.