Senior Strategic Planner
|Job Title:||Senior Strategic Planner|
|Salary:||$70 - $80 per hour + Superannuation|
|Contact Name:||Lina Thomas|
|Job Published:||November 04, 2020 10:30|
- Strategic Planning opportunity
- ASAP start date
- Close to public transport
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
A team within my Local Council strive for innovation, collaboration, and community sustainability. In contributing to the overarching vision, your role will be responsible for the operation and management of planning system activities undertaken by Council, including planning proposal, local infrastructure contributions framework, planning certificates and other matters related to the role. This role will also contribute to the overall effective operation of the Environment and Planning Directorate.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
I am looking for candidates from a background in Environmental Strategic planning, development and/or building. You will be responsible for the operation and management of planning system activities undertaken by Council, such as; planning proposals, local infrastructure contributions framework, planning certificates, as well as any other relatable matters. The ideal candidate will be technically strong with an ability to lead and manage a team -who values collaborative teamwork with an aim to achieve successful outcomes through collective performance.
- Strategic Planning including Planning Proposals, section 10.7 certificates and s7.11 Contributions
- Coordinate the assessment of planning proposals in accordance with local and State Government planning frameworks
- Manage the operation of the local infrastructure contributions framework, including the contributions register, annual reporting, allocation of funds and regular reviews
- Coordinate the negotiation and execution of Voluntary Planning Agreements or related mechanisms
- Strong Influential and negotiating skills with team, internal and external stakeholders
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Well developed leadership/management skills with experience in strategic planning as mentioned above, local/state government experience is preferred.
- Develop and coach team members with proven leadership skills through effective communication, sharing of ideas and providing advice, to enhance the effectiveness of the team members
- Preparation and management of annual budgets, including undertaking monthly budget reviews
- Ability to plan, manage and monitor resources (financial, human, policy, procedure and asset)
- Tertiary qualification in Urban Planning, Development or Building
Setting high standards for their results, this team of 6 are highly proficient and driven, providing a highly exceptional standard and influential liaison to all consultation parts for the delivery partners.
- Easy-going & close-knit team
- Flexible start and finish times
- Ability to work on some reputable projects
HOW TO APPLY.
Click “Apply for this job”, or contact Lina Thomas on (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's