People & Culture Advisor
|Job Title:||People & Culture Advisor|
|Salary:||$30 - $40 per hour + Superannuation|
|Contact Name:||Lina Thomas|
|Job Published:||March 23, 2021 13:01|
- Initial 6 month contract
- Potential extension
- ASAP start date
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
My Local Council Client is located in the upper north Sydney region, friendly team with a driven and regimented approach to their work. This Council is very light and cooperative, and would like to have someone like minded to join them in this potentially permanent opportunity.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
Applying best practice and contemporary HR principles, models and frameworks with extensive experience in Human Resources and previous exposure to coordinating HR Projects to productively contribute to successful outcomes within the team.
- Providing internal advice and consultancy to staff and management
- Extensive experience in understanding and interpreting Federal, State and Local Legislation in the context of Local Government employment issues
- Provide specialist coaching and advice in relation to ER/IR matters including but not limited to: grievances, performance management, disciplinary matters, and the application of relevant policies/Award/legislation. Escalate complex ER/IR matters where required
- Liaise with relevant external parties including LGNSW and Unions on ER/IR and workforce management related issues as required
- Demonstrated experience in providing Award and policy advice to staff
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing HR policies, systems processes
- Previous exposure to facilitation of HR information and training sessions
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Support the delivery of Council’s Reward & Recognition program and administer associated activities
- Assist in the delivery of Council’s Succession Planning program
- Assist in the end to end planning and delivery of the Annual Performance Appraisal process (PERFORM)
- Update and maintain the Talent Management System
- Coordinate and facilitate EEO meetings and support the delivery of initiatives identified in the EEO Management Plan
- Assist in the research, planning, design, delivery, implementation and evaluation of HR projects and programs
- Facilitate training and information sessions where required
- Degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business or relevant discipline
An inviting atmosphere to develop your career in a range of fields with people who are passionate about building the best Council in Australia.
Offering a range of lifestyle benefits and, a values based culture, become apart of a rewarding Council.
- Temp to Perm opportunity
- Collaborative and Positive team environment
- Strong career progression
HOW TO APPLY.
Click “Apply for this job”, or contact Lina Thomas on 0414 396 114 or (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's