Rates Team Leader
|Job Title:||Rates Team Leader|
|Salary:||$105 - $120K per year + Superannuation + Leaseback|
|Contact Name:||Lina Thomas|
|Job Published:||April 29, 2021 12:42|
• Career Progression Opportunity
• Growth Area Location
• Supportive team environment
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
Work with a Council that supports career growth, teamwork and leadership for the benefit and improvement of their customer and corporate strategy
ABOUT THE POSITION.
My Local Council client is looking for a driven candidate that has collaborative, ethical leadership qualities to manage all aspects of their Council Rates Division. The successful candidate will be required to manage, create and implement rate assessments to the highest standard.
- Strong leadership skills to manage a team
- Create new rate assessments and assign new valuation numbers provided by the Valuer General
- Ensure rating of all new subdivisions from date of registration of Deposited Plan are maintained
- Sign cheques and authorise EFT payments (including payroll and investments) and authorise stop payments of cheques
- Be directly involved in and responsible for annual rate levy; and supplementary rates levy
- Organising arrangements and/or instigating legal action where required
- Plan, execute and review efficient and effective controls for Council’s rating system
- Preparing reports and liaising with government agencies
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in an accounting related discipline
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and develop staff in a team environment
- Local Government rating experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience in applying accounting principles and accounting standards
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the rating related statutory requirements as outlined in the Local Government Act 1993 and the Financial Management Regulations 1999
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to apply EEO, WHS and ethical practice principles and to act with probity at all times
Setting high standards for their results, this medium sized team are highly proficient and driven, providing a highly exceptional standard with the team and for the community
HOW TO APPLY.
Click “Apply for this job”, or contact Lina Thomas on (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Floodplain & Stormwater Team Leader
$65 - $75 per hour + Superannuation
Asset Data Collector
$45 - $50 per hour + Superannuation + Leaseback
$60 - $70 per year + Superannuation
Swimming Pool Officer
$45 - $50 per hour + Superannuation
$45- $55per year + Superannuation