Facilities & Recreation Planner
|Job title:||Facilities & Recreation Planner|
|Industry:||Government Local Government|
|Salary||$90 - $100 per hour + Superannuation|
|Contact name:||Lina Thomas|
• Career Progression Opportunity
• Growth Area Location
• Supportive team environment
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
Work with a Council that supports career growth, teamwork and leadership. Contribute to the development of Community Strategic Plans, Resource Strategy, Operational and Delivery Plans.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing policies, strategies, masterplans, Plans of Management, studies and/or Reports in regards to Open Space & recreation facilities.
- Communicate, assist, influence and negotiate effectively with all levels in the organisation, government departments
- Assist with reviewing and reporting on capital & operational budgets, including preparation of the annual budgets and regular corporate reports and grant applications
- Investigate opportunities to increase usage of Council’s sport, recreation and building facilities
- Contribute to the Assessment of all stages of development proposals including rezoning’s and development applications, in respect of recreation and facilities matters in particular, in accordance with the requirements of the State Environmental Planning Policy (Infrastructure) and other relevant legislation and policies
- Facilitate community engagement before, during and after exhibition of relevant precinct/master/structure plans
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Ability and commitment to Council’s Vision to build a resilient, safe and supported workplace that provides respectful, efficient and effective services for our community now and into the future
- Knowledge of local government systems and policies including procurement
- Demonstrated experience in capital & operational budgets
- Experience in interpreting plans and property information
- Demonstrated experience in the management and day to day operations of Council’s buildings and facilities
Setting high standards for their results, this medium sized team are highly proficient and driven, providing a highly exceptional standard with the team and for the community
HOW TO APPLY.
Click “Apply for this job”, or contact Lina Thomas on (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.