Spatial Information Officer
|Job Title:||Spatial Information Officer|
|Salary:||$30 - $40 per hour + Superannuation|
|Contact Name:||Lina Thomas|
|Job Published:||November 24, 2020 16:59|
- Start on an Initial 3 month contract, potential for extension
- Be a part of a supportive and progressive team environment
- ASAP start date
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
My Local Council Client is looking for a candidate that is engaging and bubly attitude to raise the standards within the community from a Spatial Informations Systems perspective. They are committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the community; that focuses on working together to balance our region’s lifestyle and opportunity.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
Actively participate in the implementation of existing strategies forCouncils Geographic Information Systems. Develop, document, implement and evaluate new innovative spatial concepts & relationships; related policies, projects and programs that align with our Councils legislation/regulations and guidelines.
- System administration and data updating and management
- Maintainece of GIS data to meet the needs of Council requirements
- Problem solve data conflicts
- Provide GIS information to internal & external stakeholders
- Database queries- including SQL server reporting
- Knowledge of Land Information Systems and standard desktop environments
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Demonstrated high level of oral and written communication skills
- Act in accordance with the NSW WHS Act 2011, WHS Regulation 2011 and the WHS Management System.
- Act in accordance with the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 (NSW), the Local Government Act 1993 (NSW)
- Provide accurate and helpful advice to businesses, other authorities and the community
- Site inspections as required
- Knowledge of DCDB, LiDAR, GIS and Spatial Information Systems is a must
- Working in Local Council experience highly desired
An inviting atmosphere to develop your career in a range of fields with people who are passionate about building the best Council in Australia.
Offering a range of lifestyle benefits and, a values based culture, become apart of a rewarding Council.
- Ability to network within a great Council
- Collaborative and Positive team environment
- Strong career progression opportunities
HOW TO APPLY.
Click “Apply for this job”, or contact Lina Thomas on 0414 396 114 or (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.