Sustainable Resources Project Officer
|Job Title:||Sustainable Resources Project Officer|
|Salary:||$40 - $50 per hour + Superannuation|
|Contact Name:||Lina Thomas|
|Job Published:||December 09, 2020 17:28|
- Start on an Initial 12 month contract, potential for extension
- Be a part of a supportive and progressive team environment
- ASAP start date
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
My Local Council Client is looking for a candidate that is engaging and bubly attitude to raise the standards within the community. Develop and participate in the implementation of projects, strategies, policies, guidelines and procedures that align with sustainability (waste) resources and Clean Cities.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
Actively participate in the implementation of existing programs for the improvement of public health and develop, document, implement and evaluate new innovative environment and sustainability related policies, projects and programs that align with our Environmental Sustainability Policy, and exceptional environmental survailance is carried out.
- Actively participate in the implementation of Environmental Health practices within Public areas
- Monitor and report to the Coordinator Sustainable Resources on relevant budget considerations
- Deliver components of Council’s Resource (waste) Management Strategy and Clean Cities Strategy
- Liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare consultants briefs and obtain quotes as required
- Identification of system changes required to improve the quality and timeliness of environmental sustainability programs and services
- Production of educational material, media releases and documents, as appropriate in relation to environmental health
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Demonstrated high level of oral and written communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations, write correspondence, complex reports, grant applications and award submissions
- Act in accordance with the NSW WHS Act 2011, WHS Regulation 2011 and the WHS Management System
- Minimum degree level qualifications in an environmental, educational discipline or equivalent
- Strong capacity or sound experience in the development of strategies, policies and programs related to environmental sustainability and/or waste management
- Provide accurate and helpful advice to businesses, other authorities and the community in respect to environmental health matters
- Facilitate appropriate environmental health promotion and education programs that address the needs of our community
An inviting atmosphere to develop your career in a range of fields with people who are passionate about building the best Council in Australia.
Offering a range of lifestyle benefits and, a values based culture, become apart of a rewarding Council.
- Ability to network within a great region
- Collaborative and Positive team environment
- Strong career progression
HOW TO APPLY.
Click “Apply for this job”, or contact Lina Thomas on 0414 396 114 or (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's