Environmental Health Officer
|Job Title:||Environmental Health Officer|
|Salary:||$40 - $45 per day+ Superannuation|
|Contact Name:||Lina Thomas|
|Job Published:||March 25, 2021 10:26|
- Part-time opportunity
- Progressive & supportive team environment
- Initial 6-month Contract
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
My Local Council Client is looking for a candidate that is engaging with an upbeat attitude to raise the standards within the community from a Environmental Health perspective. They are committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Region that focuses on working together to balance our region’s lifestyle and opportunity.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
Actively participate in the implementation of existing programs for the improvement of public health and develop, document, implement and evaluate new innovative environment and sustainability related policies, projects and programs that align with our Environmental Sustainability Policy, and exceptional environmental surveillance is carried out.
- Actively participate in the implementation of Environmental Health practices within Public areas
- Environmental surveillance - noise, air, water, land pollution and Environmental Emergency incidents.
- Environmental health assessment of Development Applications, sedimentation and erosion control
- Liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Conduct site visits and investigations
- Production of educational material, media releases and documents, as appropriate in relation to environmental health.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Demonstrated high level of oral and written communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations, write correspondence, complex reports, grant applications and award submissions.
- Act in accordance with the NSW WHS Act 2011, WHS Regulation 2011 and the WHS Management System.
- Act in accordance with the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 (NSW), the Local Government Act 1993 (NSW) and seek to conserve and enhance our local environment, in consideration of Council’s environmental sustainability policy through our work practices, programs and services.
- Provide accurate and helpful advice to businesses, other authorities and the community in respect to environmental health matters.
- Facilitate appropriate environmental health promotion and education programs that address the needs of our community.
- Participation in the Environmental Health Team’s non-core/after business hours service procedures.
An inviting atmosphere to develop your career in a range of fields with people who are passionate about building the best Council in Australia.
Offering a range of lifestyle benefits and, a values based culture, become apart of a rewarding Council.
- Ability to network within a great region
- Collaborative and positive team environment
- Strong career progression
Please email the following supporting documentation:
- AUS eligibility to work confirmed
Eligibility to Work
- Last 2 employers written references
- ID Checked
- National police check (with Stat Dec)
HOW TO APPLY.
Click “Apply for this job”, or contact Lina Thomas on 0414 396 114 or (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Junior Environmental Consultant
$65,000 - $75,000
$35 - $35 per hour + Superannuation
Development Compliance Officer
$45 - $55 per hour + Superannuation
Rural Road Design
$70 - $80 per hour + Superannuation
$40 - $50 per hour + Superannuation