Mechanical Design Engineer
|Job title:||Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Industry:||Engineering Building Services|
|Salary||$80,000 - $110,00 + super|
|Contact name:||Nick Falcone|
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
This company is a medium size, Sydney based, design & construct Mechanical contractor who has multiple project offices throughout NSW. They specialise in delivering many medium to large-scale projects including hospitals, commercial/mixed-use towers and hotels.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
Working within a design and construction team of over 15 people, you will immediately be involved in assisting with HVAC design. You will have assistance from a team of Senior Engineers and will have the opportunity to take on additional responsibility as you progress in the position.
- Calculate heating and cooling loads using Camel
- Equipment selection
- Designing and sizing of ductwork, pipework, plant room layout, car park ventilation etc
- Site inspections during the construction phase
- 4+ years of experience in HVAC/Building Services design
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
- Previous experience working for a Mechanical contractor
- Good technical understanding of engineering design and the BCA
- Engineers who have site experience are preferred
- Previous experience working on larger-scale projects (hospitals or commercial towers) is an advantage
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Current employees describe the work environment as being, friendly, supportive and tight-knit. Although the company has over 40 employees, the management team take the time to understand their employees and take a genuine interest in helping them gain new skills. The leaders of the business don't believe in micromanaging performance and also arrange social catch-ups and social drinks to keep unity in the teams and so all employees get to maintain relationships with their coworkers.
- Career progression towards a senior position
- Negotiable and competitive salary package
- Mentorship and one on one coaching
Click 'Apply for this job', or please contact Nick Falcone on (02) 9231 4999 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.