Senior Design Manager
|Job title:||Senior Design Manager|
|Salary||$800-$1100 Day Rate|
|Contact name:||Mark Grace|
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Design Manager to join a large University with multiple campuses and facilities based all around Sydney. The University, campuses and facilities require ongoing transformation, development and upgrade in line with the University's strategic plan. The position will be based in Richmond and at other campus locations around Western Sydney when required. There will also be the flexibility to work from home on occasion.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
You will join the Planning and Design Team and manage a team of 8. You will be accountable for the planning, design and ongoing development of Architectural standards and requirements for University built infrastructure. A significant aspect of this role will be stakeholder management and advisory to various business functions, ensuring expectations are delivered. The position will ideally commence as soon as possible on an initial 12-24 contract with the strong possibility to transition to a permanent role.
- Liaising with key internal and external stakeholders to establish project parameters and processes
- Ensure compliance with relevant codes, standards and statutory requirements
- Lead the decision making on architectural design and construction issues
- Manage project consultants, design and documentation consultants
- Oversee works performed to ensure performance adheres to agreed standards of quality, timeframes and budgets
- Lead multi-disciplinary project teams to achieve milestones
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Architecture or design
- Proven senior leadership experience in a large, complex organisation
- Ability to work successfully with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate contracts, possess high-level analytical and problem solving skills
- High-level interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Enjoy a positive, vibrant and respectful team culture
- Increase your skills and experience through a strong project pipeline
- Enjoy a healthy work-life balance through flexible working arrangements
HOW TO APPLY.
Click 'Apply for this job', or contact Mark Grace on (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.