Civil Engineer - Roads
|Job title:||Civil Engineer - Roads|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Salary||$55 - $65 per hour + Superannuation|
|Contact name:||Milica Keeley|
- Join as an experienced Civil Engineer with experience with 12D, AutoCAD & DRAINS
- Initial 6-12 month contract with the possibility of further extension
- Dynamic yet stable pipeline of projects ensuring employment stability
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
Due to an increase in workload, this Council's Engineering team has an opportunity for an experienced Civil Engineer to join their team. You will be a key member of a dynamic team, working alongside other industry professionals. This Council is the greater Western Sydney region.
ABOUT THE ROLE.
As a Civil Engineer, you will assist and drive the success of various roads, traffic and stormwater projects. You will be required to demonstrate strong leadership skills by leading a team of 4 Engineers. A key aspect of the role also includes managing flood information, providing technical advice and liaising with key stakeholders.
- Lead a team of 4 Engineers
- Ensure that all design tasks are completed within agreed timeframes
- Survey, investigate, prepare and review design plans and estimates for a variety of civil engineering projects including road, kerb and gutter, footpath, stormwater drainage, traffic facilities and carparks
- Negotiate and attend meetings with public utility authorities, government authorities, private organisations, property owners, and community groups
- Ensure that designs are consistent and are completed in accordance with professional engineering standards
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering (Degree/Certificate)
- Prior leadership experience is essential
- Strong understanding and proven knowledge of 12D, AutoCAD & DRAINS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Within this team, you will play a key role throughout the whole design process of Council's projects. You will have the opportunity to showcase your communication and leadership skills within this positive and supportive team environment.
- Excellent work-life balance with flexible working arrangements
- Locally based projects, meaning minimal travel will be required
- Enjoy employment stability in this long term contract opportunity
HOW TO APPLY.
Click 'Apply for this job', or contact Milica Keeley on (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.
Get similar jobs like these by email