|Job title:||Contracts Officer|
|Salary||$50 - $60 per hour + Superannuation|
|Contact name:||Milica Keeley|
- Join this Local Council on an initial 6 month contract as a Contracts Officer
- Stable contract due to a strong project pipeline with potential for extension
- Step into a fast paced role in a supportive and positive team environment
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
An opportunity has arisen within a Local Council located in the Hunter Region for an initial 6 month contract which has the potential to be extended. This team has a strong pipeline of road rehabilitation and reconstruction projects. Join a supportive and collaborative team of 8 industrial professionals and play a vital role in managing various projects across Council's Capital Works construction and maintenance program.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
As a Contracts Officer you will report to the Team Leader and will assist in putting together pavement projects for delivery by a contractor based on a detailed brief. You will also deal with consultants for geotechnical and environmental requirements. Overall you will ensure the timely delivery of quality projects within their specified budgets.
- Liaising with key internal and external stakeholders and contractors
- Conducting site inspections and investigations
- Coordinate the effective delivery of Council contracts
- Deliver construction and maintenance activities and undertake efficient cost management practices
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Degree qualifications in Project Management, Construction Management or related
- Leadership and management skills particularly with managing civil contractors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent understanding of technical specifications
Join this friendly and driven team and you will feel encouraged to take ownership of your projects. You will also feel supported within this collaborative team environment. By joining this team you will have varied project exposure and experience further development of your technical knowledge.
- Join a Council located in the beautiful Hunter Region
- Play a vital role in a motivated and positive team environment
- Healthy work-life balance due to flexible working arrangements
HOW TO APPLY.
Click 'Apply for this job', or contact Milica Keeley on (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.