Development Compliance Officer
|Job title:||Development Compliance Officer|
|Industry:||Local Government Government|
|Salary||$70,000 - $80,000 + 12% Super|
|Contact name:||Augustine Oh|
- Enjoy work life balance with a 9-day fortnight
- Competitive Salary between $70,000 - $85,000 + 12% Super
- Tailored career development opportunities within Local Council
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
Our Client is a Local Council located in the Northern region of Queensland. Being one of the largest Local Councils in Australia, you will be part of a diverse workforce and a large community. This means that with a steady pipeline of workload, your consistent contribution will demonstrate your intrinsic ability to make an impact on your community.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
As a Development Compliance Officer of the Building and Development Compliance team, you will be undertaking tasks that ensure alignment with State and Local Council standards. Your technical advice and assessment will demonstrate a focus on Community Safety.
- Provide technical advice and undertake site investigations
- Seek to assist and educate your community by building strong relationships with stakeholders
- Issue statutory approvals
- Resolve escalated customer and procedural issues
- Prepare high quality technical reports
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Diploma in Planning, Building Surveying or equivalent
- Current C class driver's license
- Hold a current General Induction License (White Card)
- Previous experience in Local Council delivery of building and development compliance services (highly desired)
- High level interpersonal and communication skills in stakeholder management
- Demonstrated organisational skills to meet deadlines, with the ability to work autonomously
This organisation promotes a diverse and welcoming work environment. Your team is highly driven, and believes that the work of each team member has a genuine impact on your community. Your managers will support you with a tailored career progression plan.
- Flexibility offered on what suits your needs, and a 9-day fortnight
- Assistance in career development with the Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Discounted health and fitness programs for you and your family
HOW TO APPLY.
Click “Apply for this job”, or contact Augustine Oh on (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.
Get similar jobs like these by email