Engagement and Policy Officer
|Job title:||Engagement and Policy Officer|
|Industry:||Local Government Government|
|Salary||Hourly rate between: $55 - $75 per hour + super|
|Contact name:||Augustine Oh|
- Flexibility offered with WFH arrangements offered
- Hourly rate between: $55 - $75 per hour + super
- Excellent opportunity to build experience on state-significant projects
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
Based in Canberra City, your Directorate is responsible for a wide range of human services functions in ACT. Your specific division provides strategic advice to the Government to strengthen community inclusion; specifically through the development of the Australian Disability Strategy.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
An initial 6 month contract. Reporting to the Director of Engagement, you will be working alongside highly motivated professionals to make Canberra more accessible and inclusive. A key deliverable of the team is the ACT Disability Justice Strategy.
- Contribute to policy development
- Management of programs and event relevant to the inclusion of people with disability in community
- Develop strong partnerships with relevant stakeholders
- Provide representation on behalf of the Office for Disability at public events and community development activities
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Previous experience coordination of community engagement programs
- Tertiary qualifications in human services discipline (desirable)
- High level of critical thinking and problem solving skills
- High level of maturity and communication skills
Your team is sociable and encourages collaboration. A perfect environment for professionals that desire a constructive and productive team culture. With no micromanagement, your Manager and team will be able to provide the assistance and resources needed in the development of your skillsets.
- Competitive hourly rate + superannuation
- Job stability with busy project pipeline
- Opportunity for career progression within the Public Sector
HOW TO APPLY.
Click “Apply for this job”, or contact Augustine Oh on (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.