|Job title:||Executive Planner|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Industry:||Architecture Urban Design & Planning|
|Salary||$100,000 - $115,000 + Superannuation|
|Contact name:||Milica Keeley|
- Enjoy employment stability in this permanent position
- Be a part of a highly motivated and ambitious team culture
- Develop valuable skills through the mentorship of other staff
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
Join the Strategic Planning team within a Local Council in Western Sydney. This is a permanent position with opportunity for career progression as well as training and development opportunities. Play a pivotal role promoting development within the community and the professional development of the team. This is a great opportunity to further your planning career in an organisation that is at the forefront of planning in one of the most exciting and dynamic regions in Sydney.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
As an Executive Planner you report to the Coordinator of Strategic Planning and will be responsible for consulting with a range of key stakeholders to achieve agreed outcomes around specific planning projects. Lead, inspire and mentor staff to ensure the timely and effective delivery of strategic planning advice and facilitate staff development and retention. Undertake strategic planning projects and studies to promote best practice planning outcomes, and the delivery of planning responses to complex development situations.
- Stakeholder management and liaising
- Provide technical advice on planning developments and issues
- Contribute to mentoring the professional development of others
- Provide an appropriate planning framework which guides and promotes development of the substantial urban renewal, infill development and expansive urban release areas
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Tertiary qualifications in Town Planning or related
- Substantial urban planning experience with relevant understanding and experience in Strategic Planning and the application of legislation and policy, including s94 plans and procedures
- Ability to manage, mentor and inspire staff in the delivery of strategic planning outcomes, on time and within budget
- Ability to produce positive strategic land use planning outcomes and negotiate innovative solutions
- Ability to analyse and interpret information to inform policy development.
This passionate and dynamic team pride themselves on their strong level of team collaboration and motivation. The team work hard together to achieve positive outcomes and meet project deadlines. Be a vital member of this inclusive team and showcase your experience by leading an exciting work program.
- Play a vital role in a motivated and positive team environment
- Expand on your existing skills through the mentorship of other staff
- Generous flexi time policy allowing up to 2 flex days per month
- Access to Long Service Leave after 5 years
HOW TO APPLY.
Click 'Apply for this job', or contact Milica Keeley on (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.
Get similar jobs like these by email