Manager Development Assessment
|Job title:||Manager Development Assessment|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Industry:||Architecture Urban Design & Planning|
|Salary||$85- $95 per hour + Superannuation|
|Contact name:||Milica Keeley|
- Play a vital role in a supportive and collaborative team
- Strong likelihood of a contract extension
- Conveniently located close to public transport
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
This Local Council has a current opportunity for a Manager of Development Assessment to join their team on an initial 3-4 month contract. This team is focused on providing quality technical advice in relation to development planning projects and matters as they arise.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
As a Manager of Development Assessment, you will have similar experience in NSW Local Government. You will report to the Director, Economy & Growth and work alongside a supportive and professional team environment. Your focus will be to lead and manage the Development Assessment Unit to ensure the delivery of Council's objectives in the assessment and determination of development applications.
- Lead, manage and develop planning, land development and administration staff in the assessment of development applications and planning proposals
- Maintain a high level of knowledge in the interpretation and application of relevant legislation
- Provide expert and timely professional advice to the team, senior management and external stakeholders
- Prepare reports on development applications, subdivision applications and other relevant matters
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Bachelor's degree in Urban/Town Planning or related
- Strong experience in a similar position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of NSW Planning Legislation/controls
- Proven strong leadership and management skills
Join this council and you will walk into a welcoming and positive environment each day. You will work alongside professionals who pride themselves on their dedication and strong work ethic. This ambitious team will also motivate you to grow and develop on both a technical and personal level.
- Numerous work-life balance benefits such as flexible hours
- You will enjoy going to work today to be a part of this collaborative and supportive team
- Further your management and leadership skills by managing this team of 10-15 planners
HOW TO APPLY.
Click 'Apply for this job', or contact Milica Keeley on (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.
Get similar jobs like these by email