Senior Payroll Officer
|Job title:||Senior Payroll Officer|
|Industry:||Local Government Government|
|Salary||$55 p/h + Super|
|Contact name:||Augustine Oh|
- Involvement in projects and strong career growth in Council
- Healthy work life balance - 35 hours p/w, Monday - Friday
- Competitive hourly rate: $55 p/h + superannuation
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
A Local Council based in Sydney is looking for a Senior Payroll Officer to assist with the day to day responsibilities of the payroll team requiring high level problem solving skills and exceptional communication skills. You will be required to act as the Payroll Team Leader in their absence.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
An initial 6 month opportunity with likelihood of extension and transitioning into a more stable position. A perfect opportunity to secure work life balance working 35 hours p/w. Reporting to the Payroll Team Leader you will be assisting in duties to coordinate and produce a timely and accurate payroll in addition to responding to complicated payroll enquiries. You will have involvement in Council's payroll projects and you will contribute to payroll analytics.
- Process payroll functions (end-to-end)
- Process weekly payroll for permanent, temporary and casual staff
- Calculations, taxation and reconciliations as required
- Responding to complicated payroll enquiries from customers
- Analysing payroll data & more
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in payroll processing
- Minimum 4-5 years' experience in end-to-end payroll processing
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency using an advanced payroll system
- High level of attention to detail & simple problem solving skills
- Experience in payroll data capture, analysis and designing/generating reports
You will be required to work within both a collaborative and autonomous environment. Bring your strong work ethic to the team and in return be granted stability and career progression as a payroll professional.
- Great opportunity to progress into a stable position
- Close proximity to the train station
- An enjoyable work environment with transparency in communication
HOW TO APPLY.
Click “Apply for this job”, or contact Augustine Oh on email@example.com for a confidential discussion.